Friday, June 03, 2005

Providence, RI

I am slowly working on my layout and it will look something similar to what's below. I will talk about biking and the fun I'm having but I also want to put something about the cause. Why I'm on this trip, and how it's affecting other people.

Distance: 17.2 miles
Bike: Today was awesome except for the 6 am wake up call, but I will slowly but surely adjust and in no time I'll be asleep by 8 pm and up by 5 am.
We made our way back to Brown's center green for a first aid talk from an EMT on bike injuries and then a talk from a professor on group riding. Very informative and helpful.
Sara, Laura, Stewart, and Vaun went on a nice ride down a bike path that goes along the water. Very beautiful and it was nice to get back on my bike for a ride.
Tomorrow we get up early go to India Point Park for press opp and to dip our back tires in the Atlantic Ocean!!! We really are going from sea to shinning sea! We will be there around 8:30 am for anyone that wants to go. 10:30 am we head to Putnam, CT Represent!

Build: Yesterday, the president of the Providence Habitat affiliate came and spoke. I would like to share a story he told that really moved me and helped me realize even more that what we are doing is very important.
As a Habitat affiliate finds families for the houses they go and interview at the current house to really see that there is need for a new one. The man walked in and this adorable girl about 5 years old came up to him and he innocently asked if he could see her room. She was happy to show him. Grabbing him by the finger she led him into the kitchen. She opened the doors below the sink and pointed. There lay a tiny mattress. There is a need. Everyone in the world should have decent housing and thats why I'm riding my bike across the U.S.

Ride On!

Share/Save/Bookmark Share/Send








My Retro Throwback GIF:

Made With A Mac