Sunday, May 29, 2005

Cape Cod

We drove to the Cape late Friday in the pouring rain. Since then, there have been two amazing days and two amazing bike rides. Saturday we awoke to a sunny warm day. Sara and I decided to go on a ride. We didn't have a map so we just went where ever. We made our way to a bike shop and had Sara's bike looked at, quickly and for free, before heading to a book store. I bought bike map of the area and we headed out. We went about 15 miles, not too bad. As soon as we got back I really wanted to take the sail boat out so we did. Chan, Derrick, and I decided to go out to some booie. You couldn't see it from shore but we eventually got to it. It was one of those huge, 15 feet high, red buoys that have bells. Anyway, it was a long, cold ride home. Good times.

Today, Sara and I set out fairly early, around 1 :-) We had a plan mapped out and everything. We were going to go down to Woods Hole where the fairy for the Vineyard is. There is a 3.2 mile bike trail right along the shore. Setting out we got to the main rode but took the wrong direction which was okay cause it added about 4 or 5 miles to our trip. Sara is getting really good at ridding we were a pretty sick team! Anyway we finally got there and decided to have lunch next to the ferry. Then the clouds moved in and we headed back, beating the rain. All together the ride ended up being about 34 miles which is pretty decent. It took us exactly 4 hours including lunch.

I have a lot to do before I leave and not much time to do it. I'll write again soon, at least before we leave.

Share/Save/Bookmark Share/Send








My Retro Throwback GIF:

Made With A Mac