Saturday, June 04, 2005

Pomfret, CT

Pomfret, CT

Distance: 37.75 Miles

Bike: We started out by going down to the ocean and dipping our back tires into the water. i should put some pictures online tonight. Stephanie, a friend of mine who went to Ithaca and did her own bike trip awhile back came to see us off. It was awesome seeing her and having her there, she was as excited as we were. We then went to go to see the Habitat house that was built with last years bike trip money. Pretty awesome.
The funniest thing was at a stop light, not far out of the city a guy in his truck asked what we were doing. "Riding to Seattle!" we say. "Haha, awesome. No really what are you doing" he says. So crazy!
On the road I looked over and saw a family on the side waving and yelling like crazy. I then realized it was my family. They even had lunch with us at the half way point. Thanks guys!
Today was our first day and boy was it hot. I drank 5 liters of water on the way. It took us about 3 hours.
Once we got to Pomfret I was hear home and it felt good to be somewhere familiar. Josh and Betsy came and met us at the church which was also really nice. Thanks you two! I went over the the Rectory school which is a private school across the road and convinced them to let us use their locker room for showers.
I am sooo tired I could probably fall asleep now, 5 pm. I'm not sure how long I'll keep up this blog posting cause I can't post until 9 pm when my cell phone is free and I want to be sleeping by 8, haha.

Build: It was really nice seeing the house today. $65,000 from last years trip went into the house and thats an amazing amount. The family was so happy that we stopped by and it felt good to see thats where our money goes. The street used to be one of the worst streets in Providence and now it's completely turned around. In part to the 4 habitat houses. Thanks to everyone that gave me a donation, don't worry your money will go to an amazing cause!
Ride on!

Share/Save/Bookmark Share/Send








My Retro Throwback GIF:

Made With A Mac