Monday, October 29, 2007

World Series v 2.0

The first baseball game I ever went to was back in 1989.  I was 7 years old and I went with my Uncle Bill and Father.  It was a game at Fenway against the Angles, and I still have the program (Box seats were $16, bleachers: $6). That was the day I decided to become a Red Sox Fan for life. (Also a day I was introduced to Boston drivers as my Uncle drove down the sidewalk to get out of the gas station he parked at for free during the game.) Funny enough Clemens pitched that game, now he "plays" for the Evil Empire. Back then and even before 2004 a lot of people thought they would never see the Red Sox win a world series, now I've had the luxury and privilege to see it happen twice.  
This year it just seemed different, like is this really happening twice? I think my cousin Kristy said it best when she said the "'07 team had better skill, but the '04 team had more spirit," I think I agree.  I was near Fenway back in '04 when they won and will never forget that day.  This time I had to watch from afar but was still just as into it, and even had party poppers to celebrate!  That being said, here are some images that say it all:






Rock On!

Share/Save/Bookmark Share/Send








My Retro Throwback GIF:

Made With A Mac