Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Those Days...

We'll today was one of those days.  Lets first go back to last night so there is some background.  I was at work until 1 am.  Why you ask? Salary, thats why. I get paid salary therefore I work when they need me too.  We have a huge project coming up which is basically Santa Photos at malls.

Heres how it will work.  It's going to be a huge setup that will surely dazzle the kids and parents alike.  They will walk up, put their letter to Santa in a mail box.  It's no normal mailbox, when opened it will shoot snow and take two pictures of the kid.  Next they go to a station where they push a button to find out on an meter if they are naughty or nice.  Again two pictures are taken and they go for the finally where they sit on the one and only, or maybe there are a bunch across the country, Santa's Lap.  There two to four pictures will be take of the smiling, hopefully, youngsters.  All we have to do is make sure it all works.  The mailbox and naughty/nice are all going to be regulated with a USB input/output box we wire up to closures out in the set.  All these pictures will be organized with barcodes for each customer.  This is also our job.  Anyway, back to last night.  The people paying us, a lot, to design this system are coming today.  They are coming to see this system and there money at work.  So the programer and I were here all night working out the bugs.

This is why my day is "one of those days" I got home and parked my car went to bed.  I woke up late 9:38 am when I was supposed to be THERE at 9.  One of the perks of salary is I can get away with this, no problem.  Only, I have dirty clothes to put on, run to my car to see a $65 parking ticket for being 39 inches in the red zone.  Drive to 7/11 get coffee which I spill on my clothes.  Finally at work I begin testing again...I'll let you know how it turns out.

Test on!

Share/Save/Bookmark Share/Send








My Retro Throwback GIF:

Made With A Mac