Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Nana

First, a random thought: Here is a cool thing Google made.  It's a slide show of all the pictures being uploaded to their blog servers.  It's called Google Play. Its amazing to watch what people are uploading at any given time from all over the world.

I'm going home this weekend for my Nana's services.  She recently passed away, basically of old age.  She was a very active older woman and losing that activity really frustrated her.  She did all she could to fight off old age but, the thing that got to her the most was the loss of her memory.  Her passing is sad, but also has many positives.  First, she is free.  Free from the body that was slowing her down as well as from the mind that couldn't recall her memories.  Second, during the weekend I'll be with family I wouldn't otherwise see, and I'll be able to spend more time with cousins.  It will also be nice to remember my Nana's life with everyone.  She was amazing, and I'm sure you can't find a more giving person.  One interesting thing she did for many years was keep a written journal of her life.  When my cousins and I were little we would always sneak a peak at the entries.  As well as stare in amazement at the stacks of them on her shelf.  Wondering how anyone could possible write that much!  As morbid as it sounds, when I was little I always a little excited to one day have all those in a collection.  A slice of my grandmothers life to always remember her by.  

Every time Nana was around when we were kids, wether is was us at the camp, or her at our house for the holidays, she would sing us lullabies goodnight.  One year we had her come down to a friends recording studio in Hampton, CT.  We recorded those songs so we would always have them.  The friend that helped us record them also put it to music for us.  I've put them online to hear and download.  For those that want to, feel free to listen to Nana's Lullabies.  The first half is her solo, the second half is her with the music.  If you want to download it to keep, just click up top on Download File.  As a kid you don't realize how cool it is to hear a lullaby; until your older and you are at the camp and some part of you feels like you can't sleep until you hear them.  It's just one more slice of Nana's life that will forever be preserved.

Amongst my sadness, I'm looking forward the joyful reminiscing of my Nana's life.

Sing on!

Share/Save/Bookmark Share/Send








My Retro Throwback GIF:

Made With A Mac