Thursday, October 25, 2007

FIRESTORM 2007

We'll, I'm still okay and finally back at work.  I had the last three days off.  Where I live has little evidence of fires except for the slight smoke and the ash that acumulates on the cars. As Amanda said in her post, rather then sit on my ass for three days and watch news coverage of FIRESTORM 2007 she and I decided to answer the call for volunteers. We started by setting up tons and tons of tents with the Boy Scouts all around the stadium. The whole thing was much more organized then I expected and her and I ended up working with some elderly that were evacuated from a nursing home up near where I work.  I've been there the last few days and have made some friends that I look forward to continuously visiting once things are back to normal.

I want to thank everyone for there E-mails and phone calls of concern, it means a lot.  Also I want to thank all the fire fighters and police officers who read my blog (none) for doing such an amazing job considering the circumstances. It was great to see fire fighters going in to get peoples stuff out of houses before they burned. Other then that I'll keep you updated and if I ever see anything burnt I'll throw some pictures up. Until then here are some from google images and facebook.







Oh yeah again...GO SOX!!

Share/Save/Bookmark Share/Send








My Retro Throwback GIF:

Made With A Mac