Monday, July 11, 2005

Valentine, NE

Total Distance: 87.69 miles
Ride Time: 4 hrs 29 min
Avg. Speed: 16 mph
Max Speed: 38.7 mph

Bike: Today was the first day that Alyssa was able to ride again. She rode with her tandem with mark. It was pretty amazing to see them riding and the smile on her face. Thanks to everyone that donated money. The first half of today was all corn!! Lucky for my attention span the second half was sand hills and ended up being very beautiful. The whole morning the group or riders I was riding with talked about how hard the trip is unmentionable. It's a trip where everything is out in the open and everything is exposed. Everyone in the group instantly knows how your feeling, there is nothing you can hide. It's tough sometimes but in the end it just brings us all closer.
We stopped for lunch in a ghost town, I'll put pictures up later. It looked like it was straight out of a black and white western movie. We finally arrived in Valentine which is a really nice town. There was an awesome western store with everything from lasso's to cowboy hats and even saddles. For dinner Lauren's dad was very generous and had us all go to the Peppermill stakes for dinner. Boy did I eat. I asked the waitress what I should get and she told me all about the different steaks. Then Nate and I looked at each other and ordered the 32 oz. T-Bone steak. For appetizer we had rocky mt. Oysters which weren't as bad as I would have guessed. I had a salad, rolls, and finally my steak. It was amazing, both Nate and I easily finished it without even batting an eye. We were joking about how small it was, after the waitress had guaranteed we would have leftovers for breakfast and lunch. The dessert tray came out and as a joke I asked if they had steak pie. The waitress said no but they did have a 1 lb slice of carrot cake in the back. Again Nate and I just looked at each other and each ordered one, promising to finish it. All I'm going to say is I felt a tad sick after and it's all because of the 1lb carrot cake slice. Great dinner though.

Bike: nope just trying to get caught up, sorry.

Ride on!

Share/Save/Bookmark Share/Send








My Retro Throwback GIF:

Made With A Mac