Monday, July 04, 2005

Sioux City, IA

Total Distance: 96.6 miles
Ride Time: 6 hours 14 min
Avg. Speed: 15.7 mph
Max Speed: 38.5 mph

Bike: Happy 4th of July, hope everyone is having fun that the parties!! Today, at first wasn't as hard as expected. We awoke at 4 am, the sun wasn't up yet but we could see a lightning storm in the distance. We were out of the church by 6 so we could ride before the traffic and heat got bad. Luckily neither go too bad. Pre lunch we all had a really good time and were flying along, averaging almost 17 mph. We were all riding along singing any songs that came to our heads. It was really hilly but we would just fly down the hills and slowly climb up the next one, over and over again. After lunch it was hotter and we were all pretty beat, so the end of the day really dragged on and everyone was getting pretty irritated and snappy. Showers and dinner helped with that though. We all wanted to see fireworks tonight but from the looks of it everyone is heading to bed right about now, 6:30 pm.
This trip is hard, my legs are always sore. I thought that maybe after a few weeks they would not be but they continue to be very sore and I think they will be until the trip is over. I'm also always tired, I push my self so hard during the day that no amount of sleep in between rides will fix that. Aside from all that I'm having an amazing time and I can already tell this will be one of the most memorable and wonderful summers I've ever had.

Build: Some 2 billion people worldwide live in poverty housing!

Ride on!

Share/Save/Bookmark Share/Send








My Retro Throwback GIF:

Made With A Mac