Sunday, July 03, 2005

Carroll, IA

Total Distance: 85.6 mph
Ride Time: 5 hours 59 min
Avg. Speed: 14.5 mph
Max Speed: 43 mph

Bike: Today started with me running over the the post office to mail some things and everyone thinking I was leaving for the day. When I got back everyone was already gone. I caught up with Lauren and the first part of the day we had a nice little tail wind and we could really fly. To our left was a huge thunderstorm, very dark skies. I check the directions and sure enough our next turn was a left. We headed straight into the beast. Pictures later. It ended up not being so bad, just rained a little. After lunch, Seema road with Lauren and I and she even had two small speakers that were blasting the Beatles, helped me deal with all the corn. The rest of the day was so, so until we were almost to Carroll, about 7 miles away, and the van came to tell us about a huge storm that would be there in 20 minutes with 45 mph hour winds. So we hauled to the city and there ended up being no storm so we were a little more tired then necessary. Tomorrow is most likely going to be our hardest day on the trip. It will most likely end up being 120 miles and aside from that it will be very hilly which will make it much harder and longer time wise. Wish me luck, hopefully I make it with out too much aguish.

Build: The church we are staying at is right down the road from three habitat houses. It's really cool to be able to see them. They also have some boards that we are all signing, which will end up in a habitat house in the area.

Ride on!

Share/Save/Bookmark Share/Send








My Retro Throwback GIF:

Made With A Mac