Friday, July 01, 2005

Ames, IA

Total Distance: 41.35 miles
Ride Time: 2 hours 57 min
Avg. Speed: 14. 2 mph
Max Speed: 37 mph

Bike: Today was a short day and boy was it beautiful. The wind had calmed down from yesterday and it was even cooler out. Clear blue sky with a few fluffy white clouds which were a beautiful contrast with the bright green fields. We all were in a great mood the whole day because we knew we had such a short day. After about half way I came to a town called Nevada. I rode down main street to check it out and decided to stop and get a burrito at a sweet mexican restaurant. For $5.23 I had a basket of chips, salsa, chicken/beef burrito, beans and rice. Great deal! I arrived in Ames around 11 am and had plenty of time to relax and enjoy the town. The church bought 100 lbs of ribs and they were by far the best ribs I've ever eaten. I had about 15 ribs and might have pulled into the lead for the fat kid contest the guys are having. To make sure I held the top spot for the night I finished off the meal with vanilla ice cream topped with BBQ rib sauce. What a meal!! Tonight we are taking it easy with blog updates and post card writing. Pictures will be up tomorrow, I found a cafe with free wireless, so be prepared there should be some good ones.

Build: Everyone is really excited about tomorrows build hopefully we will be doing some framing!!

Ride on!

Share/Save/Bookmark Share/Send








My Retro Throwback GIF:

Made With A Mac