Saturday, July 09, 2005

Plainview, NE

Total Distance: 84.10 miles
Ride Time: 5 hrs 13 min
Avg. Speed: 16.44 mph
Max Speed: 37.0 mph

Bike: Today was a pretty good day, it started out hilly in the morning when we were well rested and the day ended flat when we were all tired. We went though Sioux City about 5 miles into the journey and crossed the Missouri river into Nebraska. Sioux city actually has a Nebraska, South Dakota, and Iowa part. About 10 miles into it Lauren got a flat so our group fell to the back of the pack but we caught up quickly. Lunch was at 48 miles and in a little town, which was nice. After lunch we kind of spilt up a little, Lauren and Quinnen road ahead and Sara, Seema, Stewart and I stayed together. Sara had to stop to pee, crazy huh?, and we saw an abandon house out in the middle of the corn field. It didn't even had a driveway or path to it, so we made our own. It was a cool looking house, pictures later, but the whole thing was covered in hay. I always end up singing songs as I ride and after seeing a bunch of cows stampede I thought of all the songs my Nana used to sing to her grandkids before bed. One of them was a cowboys lullaby which talks about cows stampeding. So everyone I was riding with got a taste of those songs, thanks Nana. We arrived in Plainview around 3 and had time to relax. We walked down to a really cool saloon. Funny thing is it's called the Johnson Hotel and around 1902 it was sold to a Mr. Bill Johnson. Today it's now owned by a guy named Todd, who I met, the whole story was pretty funny. We all ended up there to watch the Tour and have some appetizers before dinner. I actually tried chicken gizzards which I wouldn't recommend to anyone. Showers were at the local pool and the life guard was nice enough to let us each take one turn down the water slide. I wonder when I'll be old enough that I won't want to do that anymore.

Build: Don't have a fact, just throwing up the post, sorry.

Ride on!

Share/Save/Bookmark Share/Send








My Retro Throwback GIF:

Made With A Mac