Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Cedar Rapids, IA

Total Distance: 86.3 Miles (Everyone else 96)
Ride Time: 5 hours 12 min
Avg. Speed: 17.2 mph
Max Speed: 34.1 mph

Bike: Again I decided to defy the group and ride my own route. It paid off again. The group ride was planned out by a local biker to avoid main roads. I wanted to get to Cedar Rapids the shortest route, so we took Rt. 30 again. It was Sara, Shay, Quinnen, and I. Lunch was at a place called Bakery Cafe. I had an amazing meal and we learned it was the oldest dinner on old Rt. 30, open since the 1840's We were going really fast aside from all the flat tires we got. Between Shay and Quinnen they got 8 flats, it was nothing they could do just bad tubes and bad luck, either way it slowed us down a lot. We got to Cedar rapids and found the church. They are having a pot luck for us and there are plenty of showers. It was a fairly hard day but we still did 10 less miles and there were a lot less hills which is always nice. (Yeah, there are hills in Iowa.) Early to bed tonight another long day tomorrow. Thanks for reading!

Build: We are going to do a presentation tonight after dinner. We show a short video about the trip is self and then talk about affordable housing issues. I think it's the most important part of the trip and I think we should present more then we do.

Ride on!

Share/Save/Bookmark Share/Send








My Retro Throwback GIF:

Made With A Mac