Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Missoula, MT

Total Distance: 81.89 mph
Ride Time: 4 hours and 13 min
Avg. Speed: 19.62 mph
Max Speed: 43 mph

Bike: 7/25/05- Today was a great day for riding. Despite the morning chill that I tried to ignore all morning, it was fun. The day quickly warmed up and the next thing we knew we were already done with 40 miles. We stopped at a gas station for snacks and a break, then headed off to lunch. Lunch was interesting because we were right in the entrance to a fire camp. A huge camp they set up to fight a forest fire. I guess it was pretty well contained when we got there. It was started by lighting which most are we found out. Then it was off to Missoula and after some riding around we found the church and were able to relax. We went to a local bar for dinner and walked around the town a bit before it got dark. Around 10:30 pm, while I was in the van going to pick some people up from town an earth quake hit in a nearby town. It was about a 5.6 and some of the bike and builders that were at the church very distinctly felt it. They were confused and wondered why the ground had moved. Pretty cool, I wish I had not been in a car so I could have felt it.

Day off: 7/26/05- We slept as late as we could which was only about 8 or 9 am. Around 10:30 am a bunch of us decided to go tubing down the blackfoot river, it was pretty cool this morning so I decided not to go. I did volunteer to drive though. We went to the army surplus store, where I got a sweet ninja star, and everyone else rented inner tubes for $4. I drove them upriver and dropped them off at a fishing turnaround. While they were gone Sara, Lauren and others wandered around town and explored. I bought my third and hopefully final bike computer so my stats should be more consistent. I also hope to break 65 mph in the cascades, we'll see. It's a pretty nice town with quite a bit to see. On the way to pick up the tubers there was a tiny forest fire and a helicopter was scooping water out of the river with a bucket and dropping it on the fire. I pulled over to watch it a few times, it was pretty neat. After I got back I passed out and woke up around 8 to have a little dinner and write my blogs. Tomorrow, we ride again!

Ride on!

Share/Save/Bookmark Share/Send








My Retro Throwback GIF:

Made With A Mac