Thursday, July 21, 2005

West Yellowstone, MT

Total Distance: 73.72 Miles
Ride Time: 5 hour 20 min
Avg. Speed: 13.98 mph
Max Speed: 36.3 mph

Bike: This morning was cold again! I suspected it would be and put the rain fly on for warmth and to protect from dew. We decided to take an alternative route because it went by some really nice waterfalls and though a national forest. We started the day all a little testy for no specific reason. After stopping for coffee to take the chill out of our bones we headed out. We split up to avoid tension and Seema, Sara, and I rode together. It was one of the most beautiful rides we've had yet. We had a pretty nice climb, but the views were more then worth it. It was absolutely peaceful and the road was practically car-less. We made our way up to lower Mesa falls and the views where astounding, but nothing compared to upper Mesa falls. They had boardwalk all along the falls and we even had to climb out of the canyon for a mile, well worth it. I took some semi good pictures I'll post as soon as I can. After that Sara and I had a pretty good time joking around on the empty road. It definitely involved spitting lots of our water all over the place and trying to outrun horse flies. I was slow because I was bit twice. The day was long and we finally finished by pulling into a really nice campground and swimming in the near by river. Good enough for a days shower.

Ride on!

Share/Save/Bookmark Share/Send








My Retro Throwback GIF:

Made With A Mac