Monday, July 18, 2005

Lander, WY

Total Distance: 41.54 miles
Ride Time: 3 hour 3 min
Avg. Speed: 13.94 mph
Max Speed: 38.6 mph

Bike: We were able to sleep in late because 40 miles is a joke. I didn't get up until 8 am. We were on the road by 10 am. Sara, Lauren, and I decided to go to the library to post our blogs and check E-mail. We stayed for two hours and still caught up to the sweeps not far out of town. The heat really turned up quick though and soon it was 104ยบ Hudson was half way and there was rumor that the steak place had big steaks. I was and am looking for a 64 oz. to see if I can handle the whole thing. The largest I've found, online, is a 72oz in Texas and if you eat the whole thing you get it free. Anyway, the place was closed so we moved on. We arrived in Lander and went to one of the local schools field houses. It was amazing!! It's in a huge valley with a river and all. Check the pictures for some shots from there. There were signs up all over the place about rattle snakes, so Stewart and I decided to go find one. We walked all around the tall grass, were the signs said not to walk, and didn't find a single snake, let alone a rattle snake. Pretty disappointing! We went up to some bluffs, figuring they would be around the rocks, nope! What we did find was a fast moving irrigation canal. After dinner I decided it would be a good idea to build an inner tube out of bike tubes to float down the canal. I took 4 tubes and tied them together and had a pretty nice little float. At this point everyone was dividing up my stuff, thinking I was going to die. Lauren and I went up and I did the weak section and then she did the white water part. Pretty funny, we had to have someone down the canal to catch her, she has some nice bruises on her butt now. We spent the rest of the evening on the bluffs watching the sun set, very beautiful.

Ride on!

Share/Save/Bookmark Share/Send








My Retro Throwback GIF:

Made With A Mac