Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Jackson, WY

Total Distance: 78.43 miles
Ride Time: 4 hours 56 min
Avg. Speed: 16.12 mph
Max Speed: 42.1 mph

Bike 7/18/05: We woke up early so we could get to Jackson early and hang out. It was actually only 35º F this morning. So we bundled up as much as possible. Leg and arm warmers and rain jackets was about all we could do. By the time we left it had warmed up to a freezing 46º F. The only benefit I found was that we went as fast as we could to stay warm. As you can tell by my average speed we spent the whole morning as close to 20 mph as we could. The slight incline during the morning made the second half of the day that much more rewarding. As you can see from the pictures the scenery was beautiful. Around 30 miles we entered Grand Teton state park and it was all downhill from there, literally. I kept thinking it can't be possible to still be going down hill but it was all the way to Jackson. We followed a beautiful river the whole way though the park. I can't really describe the views or the beauty, but it was amazing. We arrived in Jackson with plenty of time to go explore. I was disappointed to find that Jackson is actually just a huge tourist trap. Very expensive stores, even a huge Gap. I feel like I'm not in Wyoming anymore. The people don't seem to be friendly small towners, but people visiting their second houses for the summer. I would probably be happier and have a different opinion if I was outside the town area and camping. Still doesn't beat Zion Park. We all decided to lay low and we went to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. It was very well done and a typical Tim Burton movie. Depp did a really good job of playing Willy Wonka and the movie was not a direct copy of the original one. Day off tomorrow!!

Day off 7/19/05: Today I'm pretty much just going to lay low. Rest up and catch up on things. Write post cards, blogs and sleep. I'll probably also walk around a little to enjoy the beautiful scenery. Exactly what I want in a day off!! Tonight will be fun because to celebrate Sara's and my engagement we are going out to dinner which is a rare treat!! Thanks guys!

Ride on!

Share/Save/Bookmark Share/Send








My Retro Throwback GIF:

Made With A Mac