Friday, July 22, 2005

Bozeman, MT

Total Distance: 87.46 miles
Ride Time: 4 hours 33 min
Avg. Speed: 19.43 mph
Max Speed: 45.2 mph

Bike: Today was awesome! It was practically downhill the whole entire way. Not only was it downhill it was a beautiful ride. We started by getting up a tad early because it always takes us a little longer to pack up when camping. Luckily, during the night no bears came to visit, despite an awesome bear box on site that had some impressive claw marks in it. It was cloudy all day and even a tad cold but that didn't come close to taking away from all the magnificent downhill. I was planning on filling up my water in the first down but it ended up being 36 miles away. It was Big Sky and it turned out I hadn't even needed the water because we got there so fast. After a quick break we headed out again, only to come upon lunch about 5 miles out of Big Sky. A quick lunch and we were off again, for the rest of the day we hauled fairly fast, a little over 30 mph. Soon enough we took a right at a short cut and were were climbing a slight hill. Off to our right there was a huge field with oversized bails of hay. A sweet machine was driving into them with huge tongs and then flipping them over onto the back. After two bails it would then stand them up and push them to the back of the trailer. It was fairly impressive mainly because the farmer was proceeding to do all this at quite a fast pace. As gazed at it in amazement I was also climbing up a slight hill at around 5 miles an hour. I turn back from the field and there is Lauren's back tire. My front tire connects with hers and we both fall down hard. We lay in the road laughing for a bit and then move off the to the side. A small gash in my ankle, a little road rash, and a tiny cut on my hand were the only bodily damage. My front tire is now out of true but it will be a quick fix. We are staying at a really nice branch of Montana State University. All I know is that I saw corn on the cob in the kitchen and I'm hoping it's for us!! After two nights of cooking for ourselves I'm looking forward to something else.

Ride on!

Share/Save/Bookmark Share/Send








My Retro Throwback GIF:

Made With A Mac