Monday, July 11, 2005

Chadron, NE

Total Distance: 48.37 miles
Ride Time: 2 hours 50 min
Avg. Speed: 17.24 mph
Max Speed: 35.1 mph

Bike: It was a really short day today so we were done pretty early. Chadron was having it's huge fur trading festival. They had a bunch of really cool stuff going on including a parade right when we got there. For lunch I had a buffalo burger, chips, potato salad, macaroni salad, and a drink all for $4. The church we were staying at was having a home made ice cream special and it was great ice cream. It reminded me when I used to make ice cream with my grandfather by using the old fashioned one that had a hand crank. Good times. Around noon they had a buffalo chip throwing contest and I think a few bike and builders partook. Unfortunately, on my way back to the church with Sara's laptop a lady turned around an bumped into me spilling water onto the computer. I'm pretty sure it will end up being okay after a few days drying out. I'll let you know. Until then posts might be slow and out of date, sorry. A bunch of bike and builders who haven't seen Mt. Rushmore went to see it in the van while the rest of us enjoyed the festival. Austins dad was nice enough to bring us out to eat at a really good Mexican place. After dinner we all walked down to the rodeo. It was pretty awesome to watch, Sara and Quinnen now want a cowboy for a boyfriend! They had all the stuff you see on ESPN 2, bronco riding, calf roping, barrel racing, and even bull ridding. I'll put up pictures as soon as the computer is working again.

Ride on!

Share/Save/Bookmark Share/Send








My Retro Throwback GIF:

Made With A Mac