Saturday, June 18, 2005

Gambier, OH

Total Distance: 63.9 miles
Ride Time: 4 hours 3 min
Avg. Speed: 16.15 mph
Max Speed: 40.2 mph

Bike: Today was very interesting. Nate, Matt and I left fairly early, before the group. We flew through the morning and eventually came to a town called Berlin, OH which was a small little tourist town. We decided to stop and look around. After chaining up our bikes we headed to a old fashion soda shop. They had ice cream sodas, phosphates, and even Coke like back in the old days. Here are some pictures. I asked the lady what my parents would have got when they were kids and she said Ice Cream sodas so I bought a Vanilla Ice Cream soda, it was really good and wish they were still around. After that we headed over to a salsa store where they had free samples!!! The salsa were amazing but we also tried some hot sauce. It was super hot, they only let us sample it on a tooth pick and after I licked it off I started coughing cause it was so hot. What we tried was only a fraction as hot as there prized item. The Source hot sauce. It had a page long warning on it and was a $100 for 1oz. Insane! To calm our burning mouths we each bought a half pound of fudge to bring with us, it was so good. Once the burning stopped we got back on our bikes and headed out.
Lunch came soon enough and we were pretty full so we didn't stay long. This is when things got interesting. At the top of a hill I got a flat tire. Shouldn't be a big deal, I changed it but got another right away. After changing it we headed down hill. I looked down and my tire was bulging, then it blew. The actual tire ripped and we needed the van to get another one. The van was still at lunch so we knew it would be awhile, but it was a really long time. It took so long we decided to take matters into our own hands. We decided to stuff my tire with grass and just keep riding. It's a trick that works if you do it well. We didn't do it well, but it sure made everyone laugh as I rode down the road with grass flinging out of my tire. Here are the pictures. and Here is the video.
We finally got to Kenyon College and it's awesome!! We are staying in a dorm with beds, bathrooms, and showers!! We will sleep well tonight!

Sorry about the long post and the three posts all today, internet is and will continue to be more selective. Like I said I'll try to get AOL working which should help with the problem. Thanks for reading!!!

Build: Habitat Rules!

Ride on!

Share/Save/Bookmark Share/Send








My Retro Throwback GIF:

Made With A Mac