Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Dreams Ruined!

Well I found out I'm already a resident, I didn't even have a chance:
Section 250 (5) of the Vehicle and Traffic Law defines the term "resident." The law defines a resident as a person who lives in NYS with the intent to make NYS a "fixed and permanent" place to live. To live in a house, a home, an apartment, a room or other similar place in NYS for 90 days is considered "presumptive evidence" that you are a resident of NYS. A police officer can use this evidence as the reason to issue a traffic ticket if you drive in NYS without a driver license or vehicle registration issued by NYS.

I also can't keep my CT license which really really sucks. I'll actually have to show my NY license at bars, I'll look at the floor in shame when I do it though. I'll also probably put a Red Sox sticker on it.
Things needed to get the NY license:
Surrender your out-of-state driver license. See the information below if your out-of-state driver license is lost or stolen.
Pay the $10 application fee and the driver license fee with cash, check, money order or credit card.

Now I have to go and try to find my title, I wish you could just keep them in the car.

Ride on!

Share/Save/Bookmark Share/Send








My Retro Throwback GIF:

Made With A Mac