Thursday, November 17, 2005

Ithaca

Job status: everything is in line to apply for the executive director job which I will do as soon as they post the ad in the newspaper. Monday I took my first drug test for my job at Curtis Lumber. I passed with flying colors. They don't even send it out to a lab, you piss in a cup, they look at it and write the results down. Yea for chemistry! Anyway, other then that I have been reading the Chronicles of Narnia. I know they are children's books but at least I'm reading and the goal is to finish all seven before the movie The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe comes out in December. I'm already on book four so I'm in good shape!

This past weekend was Cortaca Jug, despite the close loss, it was an amazing time. It was the first time I've been back in Ithaca since graduation. It's hard to describe how wonderful it was to be back. I'm not sure if it was the overwhelming generosity and warmth of friends still there, the town it self, the atmosphere of Cortaca Jug, or the amazing weather. Most likely it was a little of each. After being away for such a long time and in the "real world" you realize how much of a bubble college really is, especially Ithaca. But you also realize the need for intellectual stimulation and continued learning. Having people around that you can safely throw ideas and thoughts around with and have them respond with their own. Anyway, it was an amazing experience being back and both Sara and I realized we need to keep Ithaca a part of us. We decided that in the late summer of 2007 we would have our wedding in the Farmers Market down near lake Cayuga. Ithaca is where we met and grew together, it's where we shared everything, it has become part of us each separately and as a whole. A finalized date will come with time.

As a last note, my advice to all my friends still in school....don't graduate. Hahaha.

Ride on!

Share/Save/Bookmark Share/Send








My Retro Throwback GIF:

Made With A Mac