Friday, November 11, 2005

Jobs!

Job searching isn't what I would call fun. But I can now say I have a job. $9.50/hr at Curtis Lumber, 10 min from where I'm living. I'm going to be working in the Curious Woods section. It's brand new and had lots of different exotic wood from all over the world. Pretty cool, better then working in the lumber yard. Anyway I'm full time, and they even pay for a pair of steel toed boots!! WOW! Despite it not being a huge career move, I'm going to be happy having steady money coming in.

In other job news, I'm applying to become an Executive director, yeah crazy. But here is the listing:
Not-for-profit Albany-based housing organization is seeking an executive director to provide professional and quality leadership. The organization, founded in 1982 has experienced considerable growth over the years and is now poised to increase its portfolio of properties. The executive director will be responsible for overseeing housing compliance, property management services, grant writing and funding-raising, and volunteer coordination. Ideal candidates will have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree, basic knowledge of housing construction, rehabilitation and financing, and general familiarity of rules and regulations for Federal Housing and Urban Development, State Division of Housing and Community Renewal, Office of Mental Health, and Office of Temporary Disability Services. Candidates must have excellent communication and management skills, as well as community and not-for-profit organizational experience. The executive director will report directly to the Board of Directors. Interested candidates meeting any or all of these qualifications are encouraged to apply.
The salary ranges from $35,000 to $45,000, and will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.


Sweet huh? I doubt I have a chance, but I'm hoping. I am revamping my resume and am studying up on HUD policy. I know a lot about rehabbing apartments and I have Habitat experience so that might help me out, I'll keep you updated on what happens.

Ride on!

Share/Save/Bookmark Share/Send








My Retro Throwback GIF:

Made With A Mac