Saturday, June 25, 2005

Gilman, IL

Total Distance: 88.4 miles
Ride Time: 5 hours 14 mins
Avg. Speed: 17.8 mph
Max Speed: 28.0 mph

Bike: To day was hot! I passed a bank clock this afternoon and it clearly read 104ºF Towards the end I was getting the chills. Last time I checked that isn't good so I've drank a ton of water since then. We didn't hit 90 miles but I think tomorrow's ride is rumored to be 100 miles, a century is the correct biking term. Should be fun, hope it cools down though. Tonight we are staying in Gilman, IL we crossed into Illinois today. It's a super small town of about 1,800 people. The church we were staying at actually wasn't expecting us until Tuesday, but they are being very accommodating. We are actually staying at the rectory on Father John's floor. It's a very conservative area, and Father John was a little upset when both a guy and a girl were in the bathroom together. We apologized greatly, he seems better now. After dinner we went over to the church to hear a little bit about the history of the parish, and a short Catholic lesson. I listened respectfully and with interest. I actually learned how one becomes a Saint. No offense but it's not for me. To end he decided that the girls would sleep in the church and the guys would stay in the rectory, no mixing he commented. Night, I'm going to go snuggle up with Nate. Peace. Feel free to comment.

Build: In this area it's impossible to sell a house or land because there is no one moving into town, just out of town.

Ride on!

Share/Save/Bookmark Share/Send








My Retro Throwback GIF:

Made With A Mac