Friday, June 24, 2005

Lafayette, IN

Day off!

Bike: nope

Build: Today we split into three groups. One group did roofing on two women's build houses. The second did cleaning. Sometimes the chosen habitat families don't work out and they have to be evicted from the house. It's sad and Habitat continues to try to give them guidance, but it doesn't always work. It doesn't happen often though, Lafayette has only had to evict 3 families out of 120 since 1985. Pretty good. Anyway the pervious family had trashed the house and it needed to be cleaned. The last group, my group, painted. I never would have thought I would rather be cutting windows with paint, then riding a bike. Today it was a relief, and after yesterday I actually enjoyed painting all day in 95ยบ weather. I'll put pictures up of everything we painted, it was quite a bit. Tomorrow I think we have about 80 miles which might not be too bad after a little rest. I was able to get my pedals fixed which is awesome. Alyssa went to the orthopedic doctor today and was put in a hard cast. She has two options: stay with us and wear her cast for 12 weeks or go home have surgery and be back in 3 weeks. But with the second option she doesn't actually know when she will be able to come back and it is probably much more expensive. We all are tying to support her, but she is very much bummed out as you can imagine. She won't be able to ride at all, and on a trip like this, thats horrible. We think and hope she will decide to continue on the trip with us, what a tough kid.

Build on!

Share/Save/Bookmark Share/Send








My Retro Throwback GIF:

Made With A Mac