Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I'm Getting Married!



So as some of you may have heard I proposed to Amanda on Friday. And she said YES! Phew!

First, I'll tell you the background info. There is this spot on Coronado, which is basically a peninsula that is across from the city of San Diego, the other side of the bay. One day, awhile back, Amanda and I found this tiny private beach the faces the city. It has an amazing view day and night. We started going there a lot, just to relax and hang out. It came to be called "Our Spot."

Second piece of background info is a bottle of almond champagne. We went wine tasting a little over a year ago and had purchased this "really good" ($10) bottle of it. We were planning on saving it for a special occasion. Occasions came and went and we never though it was worthy enough. Since I had bought it I told Amanda, despite her many requests to drink it, I'd let her know when we could drink it.

Lastly, is the way I "asked Amanda out." One day we were cuddling at a park. Not saying a word I switched her Claddagh Ring around on her finger which symbolizes that she is seeing someone. She was amazed and impressed that I knew what that meant and thats how the whole thing started.

Now the proposal story:
So it was Friday and I snuck into her apartment to switch the bottle of champagne out with a new one so she or her roommate wouldn't notice it was gone. I went off to work. Talk about a long day. I left work early and went to her office to pick her up and head to Coronado to hang out at our spot and go to a dinner reservation we had.

One thing I've already learned about Amanda is that when she is hungry, she is hungry, and needs to eat. So when I told her we're going to our spot before dinner she begged me that we eat first. I told her no it will be too dark to go after dinner. Then when I grabbed the beach blankets out of the trunk she protested "How long are we going to be there!?" I told her not long, lets just go relax for a little.

As we walked there she also wondered what the heck was in my very full backpack. I answered with a quick quiet reply "My sweatshirt." For some reason this satisfied her curiosity. We got to the beach spread out and relaxed. About 1 min later (I got impatient) I got the ring out of my backpack, opened it and asked if she would marry me. To which she replied "Seriously? Are you kidding? Really Toddy?..." After a few moments of this I asked her, just to make sure, "So yes or no?" luckily she finally said "Yes, or course!" I busted out the long awaited almond champagne and the celebration began!

Click HERE to see a photo album of our whole engagement weekend!



Share/Save/Bookmark Share/Send








My Retro Throwback GIF:

Made With A Mac