Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Updates...

First, I'll get the nerdiness out of the way. Apple finally released it's plans for the iPhones new features for software version 3.0. You can read about all the new changes HERE. It's not coming out till this summer, so it's pretty annoying to know about all the new cools stuff but have to wait to use it. Oh well!

Second, I'm 27 now and was slowly but surely gaining a little extra weight. Getting older sucks! So Amanda and I both decided to make it a goal to lose weight and change our lifestyles to be healthier. We are going to FL next month for Easter and we figured that's a great target date for weight reduction. Obviously weight is a huge issue in this country when it's such a simple solution. Eat less calories then you burn in a day and you lose weight. But when it comes down to it, it's very hard to keep track of all those calories.
Since both of us have iPhones we decided to take a modern day approch to weight loss. We both dowloaded an amazing app called Lose it!. It' has a great interface to track excercise and food thoughout your day. You put in a target weight and date and it determines how many calories you should be eatting a day. With the decreased calories and the running I try to do, I lost weight. I weighed about 220 during the new year and I'm already down to 199.6 lbs as of last night. So it works! And the great thing is I eat anything I want, chocolate, fries, burgers, even ice cream. I just eat less of it.

Another thing that's helped is that we found an anti diet book called The 9-Inch "Diet". It's a great book about how diets don't ever work, and you just need to adjust the amount of food you eat. It really brings to light some of the horrific portion size changes that have happened in this country. If you don't have 9-inch plates at home for dinner, go out and get some! If you are thinking about dieting or losing weight, it's the first book I would read. It's easy to read and even written with a great sense of humor.

Lastly, I'm really excited about all the trips we have coming up. This weekend I'm going to Disneyland with Amanda. We are still using benefits of the time share presentation that we suffered through. So we are using our 2 free passes to Disney and 1 night in a local hotel on Sunday. Then in April it's off to FL with the family and then in May we have our Big Bear trip!

Share/Save/Bookmark Share/Send








My Retro Throwback GIF:

Made With A Mac