Friday, August 05, 2005

Mazama, WA

Total Distance: 57.94 miles

Bike: Slowly but surely we awoke this morning ready for another day. We started out going the wrong way but quickly figured it out, good old sun. Once back on track we made pretty good time up to Loup Loup pass. Boy it was a hard pass. It was probably about a 2000 ft climb. Toward the middle we saw a pretty large deer jump out across the road and fly up the side of the road. The pass ended up being 4020 ft. The next part was awesome, an 8 mile down hill at a 6% grade. The fastest speed was only 45 which I actually reached during a middle part of the pass. Next thing I knew we were in a crazy little town called Winthrop, WA. It looked like something disney world would build, but unlike disney it was actually all real. It wasn't just a fake front. It was a very old looking town, I'll try to put pictures up eventually. We got some really good ice cream, pumpkin and raspberry. After bumming around town we decided to head to Mazama, WA where we would spend the night. My group was on breakfast crew again and everyone requested mac and cheese again so we caved in and made it. Before dinner though Stewart and I went to the river and skinny dipped to clean off a little, I have never felt such cold water in my life. Good times! Night!

Ride on!

Share/Save/Bookmark Share/Send








My Retro Throwback GIF:

Made With A Mac