Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Friendly Debate about AT&T

FYI: Fake Steve Jobs blog is having server issues so if you get an error just refresh and it should load...

If you haven't read the comments on my last post please do, you can click HERE to read them. Chan and I have been having a friendly discussion about the topic.

Fake Steve Jobs is at it again. And in my rebuttal to Chan, one point I made was, they HAVE to buff up their network if they want to compete in the next 10 years. The data network problems they are having now are really just starting. Here is a great quote from Fake "Steve Job's" post HERE.

"But AT&T has a much bigger problem on its hands. The problem is that the wireless data explosion is just beginning. This 3% of AT&T users who are supposedly accounting for 40% of bandwidth use? Pretty soon that 3% is going to become 30%."

And I love how he even begins to criticizes how they are spending their money, because they do have more money to spend on their network with out increasing fees.

"Go look at their financial statements (pdf) and open up the Financial Operations and Statistics Summary and look at capital expenditures over the past eight quarters. I’m no math whiz, but it looks like capex [Capital expenditures are expenditures creating future benefits.] has gone down by about 30% over the time period. Scroll down a bit to the Wireless section and check out data revenues — they’re up 80% over the same period." (Capex definition via Wikipedia)

I also would be up for something like what my friend Mark said. Where I pay $30 for unlimited but if Chan doesn't want unlimited he can pay $10 for a certain amount. But in any situation the network has to work reliably for EVERYONE.

UPDATE: Another funny fake conversation with "Steve Jobs" and "Randall Stephenson" read it HERE.

Share/Save/Bookmark Share/Send








My Retro Throwback GIF:

Made With A Mac