Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Choose Your Own Adventure

I used to LOVE Choose Your Own Adventure or CYOA novels as a kid! I would read them over and over again, always making different choices to keep things interesting. I saw this article about CYOA books and it brought wonderful memories flooding back. Click HERE to read it. It reminded me of how much I loved those books, I wonder if they are popular with kids today? Any mom's out there have kids that still read these?

As the article mentions, it seems during their time they were looked down upon as not acceptable literature. I disagreed then and disagree now. They did everything a parent would want. The kid was kept busy for hours, it activated their imaginations, and lastly they were reading! Good literature or not, I think I might go pick one up and read it for old time's sake.

Share/Save/Bookmark Share/Send








My Retro Throwback GIF:

Made With A Mac