Friday, December 11, 2009

Apple and AT&T. Again.

I've posted about the issues with the iPhone and AT&T before, and if you've been following it at all. An AT&T executive (Ralph de la Vega) recently said this:

“We’re going to try to focus on making sure we give incentives to those small percentages to either reduce or modify their usage so they don’t crowd out the other customers in those same cell sites,” said de la Vega according to a transcript of the conference. “And you’ll see us address that more in detail.”
“What’s driving usage on the network and driving these high usage situations are things like video, or audio that keeps playing around the clock,” he said, according to the transcript provided by AT&T. “And so we’ve got to get to those customers and have them recognize that they need to change their pattern, or there will be other things that they are going to have to do to reduce their usage.”


He's also said this:
"3 percent of AT&T users generate 40 percent of the traffic on the network"

This pissed off me and almost every other iPhone user. I'm paying (my work is now, yay!) AT&T $100 a month for service that sucks. Part of that is $30 for UNLIMITED data usage. I have the right to stream video all day everyday 24/7 365 as long as I'm paying $30. So NO I'm not going to go along with any "incentives" and I'm definitely not going to "curb my data usage." AT&T needs to keep expanding their network until it can handle all the traffic. Once they clear up THEIR problems, MORE people will get iPhones and pay $100 a month for them. Considering the #1 reason people aren't getting iPhones is because of the network, AT&T should see this a a priority.

Anyway, there is this blogger who pretends he's Steve Jobs. He blogs as if he IS Steve himself. He has a great sense of humor and really captures Steve's image or at least the image I imagine him to be. He recently wrote a long (but worth reading) post about a "conversation" he had with an AT&T's Randall Stephenson about the recent quote by Ralph de la Vega. It's very, very funny and even though it's meant to be humorous "Steve Jobs" makes some really good points.

Click HERE to read it, and leave me comments as to what you think.

Labels: , ,

Share/Save/Bookmark Share/Send








My Retro Throwback GIF:

Made With A Mac