Wednesday, July 21, 2010

P2S 2010

It's with much regret and sadness I need to talk about this on my blog, but a rider of the exact same ride I was on has passed away during the trip. Paige Hicks.

After all these years, I'm am surprised at how much the new's has had an effect on me. I think it's because it brought back so many fond memories and thoughts of all the riders and friends on my trip. After ridding cross country and everything you go through, you become closer then you can really imagine. I can't think of losing one of those people, even after all this time. I certainly can't imagine losing one of them during a trip. It's going to be a hard thing to deal with for everyone in the Bike & Build community and my thoughts and prayers are with everyone including Paige's family and the other riders on P2S 2010. I also wanted to thank Bike & Build and the leadership for being so quick, transparent, open and thoughtful with their responses.

HERE is a webpage about the sad event.

HERE is a full letter from B&B.

Even when it's though to do...
Ride on!

Labels: , ,

Share/Save/Bookmark Share/Send








My Retro Throwback GIF:

Made With A Mac