Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Holidays

So Amanda and I had a great holiday break. We are both very lucky to have off from work between Christmas and New Years! I flew into Newark and then took the Amtrak to New London where my sister picked me up.
Of course I used my iPhone to nerd it up and track the take off and landing again. Here are the results...

Take off:

When you look at it, it really makes sense. They want to take off as fast as they can but have the passengers feel pretty comfortable the whole time. So they try to keep the G forces steady while picking up as much speed as they can.

Landing:

This one makes sense too. They stop as quickly as they can but not quick enough to make the passengers smash their heads into the seat in front of them. Anyway.

So while I was in Hampton I spent most of my time with my family and catching up with old friends. Which I did with the help of Facebook.com. If you don't know what it is, you should check it out. It's a great modern way to stay in touch with people without too much work. Although be forewarned it will take up more time then you like, haha. Either way it was great because as I was going though my old yearbooks I found a lot of old friends that had moved away after elementary school and middle school. It was fun finding out where people went and what they were up to.

I was also able to catch up with an old professor from High School that I had always been close with. So Mark DeMaio and I went over to visit with him and spent a good 4 hours catching up. Although unfortunately we had a little incident with a deer on the way home.

New Years was celebrated in Boston with as many friends as Amanda and I could wrangle together. It was good times, despite the snow storms, and sub zero temperatures. Then back to CT and back to New Jersey to fly back to San Diego.

Which is unseasonably hot because of the Santa Anas. So it's 81ยบ today, not to rub it in ;-) Luckily no fires yet! (knock on wood).

Here is another nerdy map with my iPhone GPS spots from the trip:


Blog on!

Share/Save/Bookmark Share/Send








My Retro Throwback GIF:

Made With A Mac