Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Passaic, NJ

We are now leaving Connecticut and heading down to Passaic, NJ, via the wonderful and easy, but expensive, Amtrak Train.

An FYI if you ever take the train get your tickets online at least three days in advance, that's when you can stack up all the discounts to get a great price, unlike what we did. With a laptop and a cellphone modem you can basically get internet anywhere there is cell service, it's really nice.
Tonight is going to be great because for Amanda's birthday her mom, in cahoots with Donna (Philips sister), got her tickets to see The Little Mermaid on Broadway!! It just opened and it was quite a feat, not only that we also get a backstage tour with Flounder after it's over!
We are cutting it close but leaving CT at 11 to get to NJ by 2:30 or so and then almost directly into the city to see the 7:30 showing, then after the show back to Passaic where we will be staying with Amanda's Grandparents, good thing we are still young. I'm excited for the amazing bagle sandwitch with egg and taylor ham her grandmother makes, if you have never had it you should try it, it's amazing!
It was good seeing the people I was able to see in Connecticut but I wish I had more time to visit with old friends. I'll probably be back for Christmas, which isn't far off. I got to visit with Josh and Betsey, who is 8 months pregnant, I'm really excited to be able to see the baby, Madeline Elizabeth Woodward) when I come home for the holidays.

Share/Save/Bookmark Share/Send








My Retro Throwback GIF:

Made With A Mac